[thechat] war phase 2

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 28 08:30:02 CST 2001

<>
The opportunity we had at the end of the cold war was for abolition. For
a universal declaration that these nuclear weapons things are just plain
a bad idea. It's an area of weaponry which is simply to heinous to be
comprehensible.

Of course, this would have taken bold leadership.

And thus, humanity continues along its treacherous path.
<>
It's easy to make statements like this when you aren't responsible for the
safety of millions of people. I don't disagree that Nukes and other WMD
shouldn't be eliminated. What I am saying is that it will take TIME, they
can't just dumped somewhere. They require special handling and safeguards.
Where in my statement that it will take time to eliminate them made it seem
like I was for them?? I think some of you people read too much into what you
"think" people are writing between the lines when they aren't writing
anything there... But I certainly don't think we should get rid of ours
while others have them, pare the arsenal down to 1000 and then work from
there is a good place to start...

Thanks,
Ron White