has tea quality diminished? (was Re: [thechat] Genetically Superior M&Ms)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Dec 28 19:56:45 CST 2001

On 28 Dec 2001 at 9:38, spinhead posted a message which said:
> (As if a murrican would know tea from taurine.) So, what brands of tea
> do you real tea-drinkers buy?

I have a problem with a lot of teas. They seem to taste "powdery" with
a strong flavor of aluminum, and I think it's the tannin content, but I
don't know why I think so.

I swear by Red Rose. It's pekoe tea, and pekoe-cut black tea.

Red Rose is a canadian tea - I mean, if you think tea, you don't think
of England or China, you think of Canada, right?  It costs two or three
times as much as Lipton or Tetley or the other crappy brands, but
furrfu, even the most expensive teas are a *lot* cheaper than buying
generic cola.

As always, there are going to be people whose tastes concur with mine,
and people whose taste is in their mouth. (Er, uh, I guess that line
doesn't work so well when we're talking about impotent potables, does
it?)

deke
--------
We are the parents our people warned us about....