[thechat] Audio: tape to CD?

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Mon Jan 14 15:23:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erika Meyer" <emeyer at lclark.edu>
Subject: [thechat] Audio: tape to CD?

> Someone claims it is possible using a double ended headphone jack to
> connect the cassette player to the computer.
>
> I've got the tape player and a wire a double ended headphone wire,
> but beyond that,  I'm stumped.  I have a Mac OS9 with iTunes and
> iMovie.
>
> Is this really possible to do?  If so, do I have the right ingredients?

You need to plug the audio lead into the Line In port on the computer. Use
your audio software to record from that source (not sure how its done on the
Mac, on the PC I press 'play' on the tape deck and 'record' in SoundForge).
Edit the audio (put track markers into it etc) to suit, then use your CD
burning software to write it to CD. Sorry I cant go into detail - like I say
I come from the PC side of things, and besides, I havent done that for
/ages/.

HTH,

Olly.