[thechat] vanilla coke

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Aug 20 16:55:00 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kjs at ratking.co.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] vanilla coke

> > Tastes like Diet Coke, with a hint on sweetness (vanilla) on the
> > finish. (IMHO, obviously)
> >
> > Coming from a non-Diet Coke drinker, it tastes like ass.
>
> Over here in the UK they have just released Lemon flavoured diet
> Coke. Tried one just to see what it was like and it has the
> remarkable effect of masking the horrible Aspartame after taste,
> which is nice. Has anyone ever noticed that Coke tastes different in
> other countries? I always remember a school trip to Switzerland
> where, for some strange reason, the Coke tastes absolutely delicious

Here in the UK, we get all sorts of Cokes - there's the obviously indigenous
Coke, bottled somewhere in Middlesex, but it's also possible to get Irish
Coke, German Coke, French Coke and, on occasion, Georgian Coke.  And I don't
mean the seemingly obvious Georgia, Atlanta, I mean The Country Formerly
Known As Being Part Of The Soviet Republic.  OK, TCFKABPOTSR doesn't have
the same ring as TAFKAP, and indeed sounds like a Russian word, or at least
some kind of Slavic, but hey, it happens.

Oh and Coke from some Asian country whose script I have yet to decipher, but
I'm putting my money on Malaysia.  Do they have Coke in Malaysia?   Oh, I
forgot, that's like asking "do they have oxygen in any randomly chosen part
of the earth."

Ah the mysteries of strangely imported Coke purchased by non-supermarket
commercial outlets who get their Coke from strange cash and carries ...

Incidentally, if the ingredients aren't in English, and if they don't
conform to EU regulations - e.g. missing E numbered items - then they have
to be restickered labels showing the proper ingredients.  God, I love the
EU.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'