[thechat] Travel Insurance, New York and Big Brother

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Mon May 19 04:29:57 CDT 2003

Hi all

Off to NYC on Thursday, although we've still not booked.  At the moment it
looks like we'll be staying in the Helmsley Middletowne Hotel, so if anyone
has any scare stories about it please let me know as soon as possible.
We're booking through Expedia, but they want £76 for their travel insurance.
We've got to go to South Africa later this year, so wondered if we'd be
better off looking for insurance through a third party which will cover us
for a year.  Also is £76 quite high for single trip insurance for a couple?

The next bit is rather sad.....as Big Brother is starting again on Friday
(thats the UK version) I was wondering if anyone knew of any places in NYC
that might be showing it live.  Sad I know but hey, thats life :D

Norman