[thechat] More Segway madness.

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Tue Jul 29 19:58:30 CDT 2003

> RonL.
> (Who's leaning more towards a "Z" or a Harley as a 'midlife crisis'
> vehicle ... somehow the Segway just doesn't "do it". Knowhutimean?)

not really

my midlife crisis was a long time ago (but i don't have grandkids yet --
my sons are 32 and 30, and i'm, like, wtf, dudes, what's the holdup?)

the best midlife crisis vehicle is a bicycle

like everyone, i had a bike as a kid

grew up

did the house-in-the-suburbs-drive-to-work thing for a decade or so

separated

moved downtown

got a bike

never looked back

cars -- yuck

you can have your Zed and your Pig

a real man drives a human powered vehicle

rudy

the "old fart"

who posted to thechat last week from the wrong email account so it never
went through

see "Rush, AC/DC, and the Rolling Stones" http://rudy.ca/rocknroll.cfm

400,000 people * 12 hours * beer * free water * hot sun
divided by 3500 portapotties -- you do the math