[thechat] MPG on VCD Player

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 13 07:41:17 CDT 2003

That's exactly what I tried doing, but my DVD player said "No Disc" when
I tried playing it. The docs for the player says it supports VCD
playback.

Could be the video file itself (although it *was* an MPG)

Alan

=> > I tried doing that with my copy of Nero the other night
=> but I messed
=> > up somehow. When you drag the MPG over, what folder on the
=> VCD does it
=> > go into?
=>
=> Don't drag the files into any folder. In sub-window
=> "Video1", in top two boxes you must see lists of 5 folders
=> (pink icons in my case). Folders' names must match with following.
=>
=> 1.    CDI
=> 2.    EXT
=> 3.    MPEGAV
=> 4.    SEGMENT
=> 5.    VCD
=>
=> In the bottom of that sub-window, you'll see a blank white
=> box. Drag the files to this bottom blank box. File naming
=> and their arrangement in folders is the headache of Nero,
=> not the user's. Mainly the video files are put in MPEGAV
=> folder. You can confirm it by clicking it after you have
=> dragged the files to blank box.
=>
=> Hope this helps!
=>
=> Don't hesitate to ask any other thing in this regard.
=> --
=> Syed Zeeshan Haider.
=> http://szh.envy.nu/
=>
=>
=> Allah says to Mankind:
=> "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
=>
=> thechat mailing list: OMG WTF LOL
=> thechat at lists.evolt.org