[thechat] pop tarts and smashed guitars (was: hell, I forgot)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Aug 13 13:44:31 CDT 2003

RonL wrote:

>LOL!  And it felt so stressful then, didnt' it?

well yeah, I mean, it's bad enough to go to a show alone (I did it a
lot and still do) but even worse when your dad has to come along.  I
mean, I *had* to act cool, I couldn't get wild in any way.

My first real club type show was X, a year earlier... I went with
friends and my mom sat in the car and WATCHED me wait in line until I
actually got inside.  And my friends are like "what is your mom
doing, Erika?"

In these situations, you just have to pretend your parents are invisible.

>[Is it 'sad' to wash your car with your old 'Stones tour' t-shirt?

hey ... that shirt was probably just getting valuable!

Erika