[thechat] No Roundabouts In Japan?

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Thu Sep 11 02:05:00 CDT 2003

Nairobi is full of roundabouts (and supposedly the biggest roundabout in
Africa), we even have the nightmare known as "the roundabout with traffic
lights" -- but I found roundabouts to be fine once you get used to the
"right-of-way" rules.

The craziest roundabouts are in rwanda, where everyone drives on the right
hand side, so the people entering the roundabout have right of way! (for
the first time, I found myself stopping on a roundabout...).
Though the most terrible thing that happened was when i drove a car for
the first time in rwanda; forgetting that people drove on the right, i
entered the roundabout from the wrong direction (the left) and found
myself head-to-head with a bus, and wondering why the idiot in the bus was
driving on the wrong side!

--Ashok