[thechat] Re: Hulk, bulk, sulk

s t e f notabene at f2o.org
Sun Nov 30 09:58:28 CST 2003

<quote who="Morgan Kelsey" when="30/11/03 15:36">

> stef, please send me whatever you've been smokin..... ;p

That's strange, everyone keeps asking me exactly that a lot these days :)

> really, they didn't follow the comic book story AT ALL (a major offense in my
> book)
> i think it was the *worst* comic movie to date (yes, including the 70s
> spidermans).

He he. They couldn't. It was an adaptation, right?
(see Spiderman: They had to edit out all chunks of the myth, and even
mixed MJ for Gwen Stacy in the bridge scene).

> and they made the hulk a wimpy gimpy, who turns back into human the second he
> sees some professor chick?

"Hey, Hulk, you whimp!"

> EEYAAARGH!!!!!

"OK, I take it back".

:-)

You know what? I think you're right, the script was er... plain.

But I said Ang Lee did an honorable job, didn't I? The screen-splitting
ideas, taken back from older films (first Abel Gance in his Napoleon
back at the beginning of the 20th century, and of course all the sixties
mannerisms like the Thomas Crown Affair), are well done.

The filming is nice, and all in all I spent quite a nice moment.

Although, of course, that's not one of my favorites of all times. Did
you se me say so? Come on nagrom! Talk! (putting a police flashlight if
nagrom's eyes)

:-)

Comics adaptation? Batman returns, by Burton. This had the exact
pathos/mythos combination one would expect.

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/