[thechat] outburst

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 02:39:18 CST 2005

On Tue, January 18, 2005 4:04 pm, Luther, Ron said:
> Actually, it probably wouldn't hurt any of us to be more sensitive to that
> kind of stuff. ... I remember one time when my wife disassembled the
> humidifier attached to our home furnace system and figured out what parts
> needed to be replaced to get it working again.
>
> (This was beyond my capability ... I am hopelessly 'mechanically
> reclined'.)
>
> The folks at the spare parts counter at Sears wouldn't talk to her. [She
> got the "Honey ... send your husband in." line of condescending crap from
> them.] So *I* had to go to the Sears parts counter, scratch myself
> inappropriately, and read off the parts list that she neatly printed for
> me.

But but but women 'Lack Natural Ability' in those areas - the president of
Harvard says so
http://www.local6.com/education/4090001/detail.html
so it *must* be true

> It wouldn't hurt to think about whether we treat our clients like that.
> And whether we need to make some changes.

/me looks around the office and realises he's the only bloke

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use   | Spammers: Send me email to
 quickly become mere sounds, their    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <- to train

Wooden toys for toddlers:
http://www.purpur.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=95
Cute Baby Socks: