[thechat] Ping

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Fri Jun 24 11:58:26 CDT 2005

On 24 Jun 2005 at 11:43, Luther, Ron wrote:
[...]
> Yeah, I agree with you there.  Have you seen VanDread?  I just
> finished watching the 8 disc VanDread series.  They restricted
> the CG to the mech battle scenes.  Initially I found it a little
> jarring to go back and forth from CG to cell ... but overall,
> I think it worked pretty well.

i almost wanted to see that approach with Appleseed... i actually
don't like a lot of the new stuff because i prefer cell animation
over CG, but with mech, well, i like the CG thrown in...

> I will check out Appleseed, but I've got quite a bit of anime
> already queued up ...
>
> * Caught the first two episodes of the 4 disc Ikki Tousen series
> last night.  Man, I sure hope it gets better than that ... cuz
> that certainly wasn't very good.  ;-(       Thumbs down so far.

good to know...

> * Got 7 of the old Mahoro discs queued up.  Caught a few of the
> manga on a recent plane ride, looked like fun, thought I'd check
> out the videos.

let us know... i've not seen it...

> * Got the 9 disc Marmalade Boy series queued up after that.
[...]

wow, haven't heard of that one in forever...

incidentally, since i've fallen out of the anime loop, anyone know if
they're ever going to release Area 88 on DVD?