[thechat] pease porridge hot

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Dec 5 09:49:24 CST 2005

> You'll see maybe 6 houses or so on the drive in.  There is a
> whole lot of nuthin to see there.

sounds like a small town in Texas . . .

reminds me of Antelope, a suburb of Sacramento just west of Roseville.
Remember the open country between the airport and Roseville? Oh, wait;
Sue took you on the tour of Sacramento to the south, so mebbe you didn't
see all that.

>From here to the airport it's rice fields and horse farms. Two miles
south, it's Arco Arena and the Rolling Stones, but right at I-80 it
flips like a light switch.

Antelope is the closest rural suburb. This whole area used to be the
primary train junction yard for NorCal, and a main line went through
Antelope. They tell the story how, in the early 70s, a train full of
munitions caught fire in the middle of Antelope and burned down half the
town.

The other two houses only had smoke damage . . .