[thechat] Communications Research?

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Sat Mar 25 08:48:48 CST 2006

Luther, Ron wrote:
>>>You know we generate electricity by burning peat here, right?
>
> But I don't think I have a good concept of this industrial 'compressed'
> kind of peat.

No idea, tbh.

The stuff now used for domestic heating in a fireplace
is compressed into something the size of a house brick.
Imagine a brick with the edges moulded into a shallow
diagonal line, and with three 3/4-inch holes bored
through it.

I assume the purpose is to maximize the surface area so
it starts heating the room asap.

It really doesn't look like earth.  The fireplace smells
great, though.

John Handelaar

E  john at handelaar.org    T +353 21 427 9033
M  +353 85 748 3790    http://handelaar.org