[thechat] Your dream house: what tech stuff?

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Sat Oct 21 08:33:25 CDT 2006

Yo gang :)

As it happens my family will be building 4 homes in the coming three years
and with that comes the possibility to install as much equipment as needed
(or wanted :).
We can mount things in the walls - lay cables and whatever we can dream up
... and here's the problem

We don't quite know what to dream of.

all of these are gonna be built from scratch :) and therefore all but the
penthouse apartment is fully controlable from the local-loop and onwards.

So, if it were your home, what would you plan for?
LAN? WLAN? both?
tv/music/lights centrally controlled or ?

etc. etc.

thanks
Elfur