[thechat] movies/Oscars was RPM Challenge?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 13:59:46 CST 2007

On 25 Jan 2007, at 18:55, Luther, Ron wrote:

> {Just finished watching a fun little British film at lunch
> today; "Kinky Boots".  Not quite as fun as "Mrs. Henderson
> Presents", but not too bad either.  Lots of edge cases in
> this Netflix thingie!}

Yeah that was a goodie.

So, does anyone else share my opinion that 2006 was by and large a
year of utter dross in film terms?

The *only* really good movie I saw all year was Children of Men, and
it's only up for technical Oscars. It's perhaps telling that many of
the films up for the Big Oscars aren't even out here...

Cheers
Martin

 > http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/
Sell Cloth Nappies from your website: