[thechat] punk: older than hello kitty (was RE: Just the thing ...)

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Oct 3 14:05:29 CDT 2007

oh I knew something like this would happen...

just one of the many things I hate about labeling music according to
genre........ is punk the ramones?  is it the 2 minute three chord song?
  is it the long noisy chaos jam?  blah blah blah yadda yadda yo.  I
don't know I really don't know.

I write tunes and I looked all over wikipedia to find out what my genre
is.  It looks like it's grunge.  But no one can say the word "grunge"
without cringing and possibly puking, especially in the pacific NW.

the only solution is to call everything that rocks, "ROCK"
(tho I'm tempted to call it blues, just to f with people)

Erika