[thechat] Fish & Chips was: Bush & Ike

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 01:42:09 CDT 2008

On 19 Sep 2008, at 05:48, Erika wrote:

> I love the idea of massive fish w/ chips.  The peas look totally
> gross.

Yeah, they were!

>  I usually tell them to can the chips and give me a salad instead.

Oh, no - chips are essential. Peas are optional, but chips: totally
mandatory. Particularly for canteen lunch on a Friday in the UK -
every single workplace in the country[1] will be serving fish and
chips today, the vast majority with peas, a slice of lemon and tartar
sauce.

If I ran an office canteen, I don't think I'd serve anything else on a
Friday. Well, maybe a veggie option, but that's all.

> Martin Burns wrote:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/martinb/361432338/in/photostream/

Cheers
Martin

[1] Except presumably the Vegetarian Society