[thechat] site down?

John Handelaar john at handelaar.org
Fri Feb 12 07:26:29 CST 2010

On 12 February 2010 06:04, Madhu Menon <chef at shiokfood.com> wrote:
> On 12-02-2010 01:41, John Handelaar wrote:
>>
>> There's stuff in that database that we didn't put there.  That app has
>> been injected and is likely still vulnerable.  REALLY NEEDS FIXING.
>
> You talking about Drupal?

Yup.  The actual problem-du-jour yesterday was that (as was its wont
in that version) some of the DB entries for 'anonymous' had gone AWOL.

While looking around for stuff to ditch to make mysqlcheck work more
quickly I dumped the sessions, cache and accesslog table contents, and
looked in a couple of other places; one such was the 'Access' table
which contained multiple entries which had clearly been put there by
multiple unauthorised third parties.

jh