[thechat] site down?

Stéphane Deschamps lists at nota-bene.org
Fri Feb 12 08:18:45 CST 2010

<quote who='John Handelaar' when='12/02/2010 14:26'>

> Yup.  The actual problem-du-jour yesterday was that (as was its wont
> in that version) some of the DB entries for 'anonymous' had gone AWOL.
>
> While looking around for stuff to ditch to make mysqlcheck work more
> quickly I dumped the sessions, cache and accesslog table contents, and
> looked in a couple of other places; one such was the 'Access' table
> which contained multiple entries which had clearly been put there by
> multiple unauthorised third parties.

Mmmmmh. Bad, bad, bad.

Is it because of the drupal architecture? I'd say that inherently, when
a system has to rely on many plugins, you take this kind of risks.

But I'm not an admin, not even a real developer. Just asking for my culture.

(no troll then) :)