[Theforum] Re: A vote, (was: purpose of theforum)

Javier Velasco [mantruc] javier at msm.cl
Mon Oct 29 13:46:59 CST 2001

rudy wrote:

> i would like to take this opportunity to assure any non-admins who
> subscribed to theforum list in the hope that they would have a chance to
> influence where evolt is headed that we are not usually so confrontational
>
> as you may know there has been some heated discussion amongst the admins as
> to how to open up the leadership to new people
>
> i don't think anybody disputes this objective (opening up the leadership to
> new people), but the hangup at the moment seems to be just how to do this

right, it's VERY embarassing to see the only things that have been
showed from admin are the worst ever. after three years of doing the
work in an environment of trust and respect (with lots fo love), it's
frustrating to see this...

> in that regard, it would really help matters if a few more non-admins here
> would speak up and share your thoughts

+1

it's important to see what you think

thanks garret and spinhead, your messages have been very eye-opening,
and i apolologize
for my share of responsibility in allowing you to feel as outsiders

spinhead:

i also tend to have that feeling of being an outsider no matter what
group i talk about,
that's why in my presentation for the codefesters i wrote that when
evolt was formed "i just happened to be there" but this weekend, digging
those backups of the evolt.org statement, i realize it was not such :)

--
Javier Velasco M.      -               nurun Chile
Information Architect  -       http://www.nurun.cl