[Theforum] evolt.org revamp comment period open

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Mon Feb 3 14:18:05 CST 2003

Marlene Bruce wrote:

> >allthough, i must admit $10 pr month is pretty steep, i couldn't afford
> >that on my current salary.
>
> We'll have to take the exact price under advisement. Monthly at $10
> may indeed be too high (I pay that for my personal site hosting).
>
> For those who don't feel they can pay $10/month:
>
> * What price sounds good to you? $5? $2?
> * If the price were, say $3/month, would you be willing to pay that
> in one yearly sum of $36 (with refunds available if you cut your time
> short)?

$10 a month is expensive for me (Martin: you could host a small Octoberfest with
that worth of beer in Chile)
at $5 i could take it. for $3 i'd be happy to pay the full year in advance and
feel relieved by helping evolt.org stay strong.

Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> In my opinion...
>
> evolt is meant to be at the forefront of how web development should be,
> and one fo those things is most definitely avoiding linkrot. As it is, I
> think we should, after deciding on this: (big snip)

This is a nice idea, but i think its our further discussion. IIRC the proposal
was more about "do you agree that some major change in MEO can help us become
more sustainable?" and the details of WHAT and HOW are part of the second
discussion.

But I could be wrong...