[theforum] Donation Wall - last chance to comment

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Mon Aug 18 10:00:08 CDT 2003

Seb Potter noted:

>>No paid-for ads on evolt, or sponsorship of evolt. Now or ever.

Hi Seb,

I (quite respectfully) disagree - and I figure we'll probably continue
to disagree about this, so there's no need for me to get preachy or
anything -- just a short note to explain 'another viewpoint':

About a year or two ago I found the forms and -really- wanted to help
push through the paperwork to see if we could wrangle $$ out of Compaq.

Unfortunately, we weren't an NFO at the time ... so it probably wasn't
going to happen.

My feelings at the time were (a) for a very large company our total
bandwidth costs are chump-change, (b) with less to worry about on the
funding side ... I figgered we could blaze new trails on the 'service'
side and have more _fun_.

I thought it a small price for a "Powered by Enron/MCI/Unilever/Frederick's
of Hollywood" logo.

RonL.