[theforum] [Content] Feedback: supplying articles

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Tue Nov 4 19:32:36 CST 2008

Boudewijn Vahrmeijer wrote:
 > -- The following message was sent using the feedback page --
 >
 > hi,
 >
 > I have build up a lot of knowledge throughout the last two years with
 > my project called LeerWiki.nl (Dutch community about Learning &
 > Writing)

To me this sounds like an great idea.  I personally love that he sends
an inquiry letter first.

It kind of brings to the forefront, also, something I was just thinking
about on my walk this evening, which is how we used to kick around the
idea of accepting articles in non-English languages (circa 2001).
very long thread here:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20011112/date.html

I'm struck by how much evolt's non-English-as-a-native-language userbase
has grown since those days... but of course the issue is evaluating an
article in a language that no admin speaks.  It seems like our spammer
base has grown, too.  (We do have a Dutch-speaker here though, don't
we... should we tell him to write in Dutch???)

Another option is to edit non-English speakers' articles a bit more
thoroughly.  (Maybe we already do this.) I'd be willing to help with that.

One of my many hidden agendas is I would like to bring myself forward
more in the workforce as a content-producer/editor type (it's part of my
web dev identity crisis)... and though I've done a lot of that over the
years, it's never been my primary role.  So it would be nice to have
another thing to put on my resume.

I think we should welcome this article, in some way. And promptly.

shall I write him OR....?

*new here in contentville*

Erika