[theforum] evolt.org layout/typography driving me nuts

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 18:51:13 CST 2008

On 9 Nov 2008, at 13:19, Martin Burns wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2008, at 06:44, Erika wrote:
>
>> We either need a new front-end stat, or we need to do some serious
>> work
>> on our current CSS.  I am loathe to get into fixing what we've got,
>> because we need to upgrade SO BADLY.
>
> tbh, fixing the current CSS is a relatively easy job; it's just
> updating about a dozen styles.
>
> I propose using the styles (and only the text styles) I used (and
> somewhat stole from mollio.org) at

Right, so:
http://colonsay/~martin/evolt/mollio/
http://colonsay/~martin/evolt/mollio/article.html
http://colonsay/~martin/evolt/mollio/styles.html

HTML utterly untouched, other than one CSS pointer.

Key file:
http://colonsay/~martin/evolt/mollio/fonts_colours.css

Drop this in to replace
http://evolt.org/themes/evolt/fonts_colours.css

and it should all work.

(oh, one image also needs to go somewhere sensible:
http://weo.easyweb.co.uk/themes/weo/images/speech_bubble.gif )

Comments welcome, but tbh, will be most likely to be accepted in the
form of working code.