[theforum] evolt.org layout/typography driving me nuts

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sun Nov 9 20:03:12 CST 2008

Martin Burns wrote:

> On 10 Nov 2008, at 00:27, Erika wrote:
>
>> Martin Burns wrote:
>>> Actually, I'd distinguish it more - see the way I did it on
>>> weo.easyweb.co.uk
>>
>> Let's start with: what is the point of the sticky article?
>
> Featured article.

Is someone going to be acting as an editor then, so that we have regular
rotation of featured content?

Makes sense to highlight it more *if* there's a reason to do so...
though I'd start with using color/shape to highlight and change font as
a last resort.

Regarding styles on the <p>, I find they frequently result in problems
and it usually works better to put styles (such as padding and
line-height) on whatever div is wrapping it together, and then take
styles off as needed for individual elements.  Just my experience.

Nice to know though, that the front page fix is simple.ish.

Erika