[thesite] Body edit textarea - not always escaping chars

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Sun Dec 17 01:49:09 CST 2000

At 23:45 16/12/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>tried that - it's the same every time.  all the <p> tags are exactly where i
>put them.

yes, i see that. i'm still trying to work out what's making IE decide
between rendering the <p> or displaying it as a tag for editing.

>:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>: Why aren't you using htmleditformat()?
>:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>because it has nothing to do with this problem.  furthermore, it aggravates
>things by removing carriage returns.

i never suggested we should be removing carriage returns.

you clearly don't believe me that this is a problem.

hence, i am interested to know how you explain this:

http://www.evolt.org/article/WAP_put_up_or_shut_up/25/4105/evolt.org

don't try telling me that's how it is supposed to look.

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz