[html] images and style (was: RE: [thesite] [html] dsp_header.cfm)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 22:32:12 CST 2000

> From: "Elfur Logadottir" <elfur at lists.evolt.org>
>
> From: "David McCreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
>
> | Great! So can I replace "styles.cfm" with "isaac.css"
> (properly renamed, of
> | course)?
>
> Not so fast buddy, styles.cfm is the cold fusion code for
> displaying the correct style according to your preference
> (remember, one can decide ones own colors of evolt.org)

this much is accurate -- assuming there is CF in that .cfm file... if
not, then you should be ok to replace it... just don't lose the old
one (in case i'm wrong, but i don't know if jeff wrote CF into that)...

> The style that is used seems to me to be in the tab_nav.css
> file.
> so replace the content of tab_nav.css with the content of
> isaac.css.

actually, tab_nav.css went away... we decided to roll the two
together so that it would be easier to maintain... with the black tab
rebuild, there wasn't a need to maintain a unique CSS file since it
borrows styles from the user-defined styles... so isaac.css controls
the styles for everything...

again, you need to be looking at the HTML at
http://roselli.org/new_evolt/layout/ as the most up-to-date version
(barring certain modifications to key elements as defined by the CF
guys)...

make sense at all?