[thesite] RSS or Scriptingnews feed

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Apr 16 15:46:47 CDT 2001

jeff wrote:

> with out setup, it really doesn't matter what extension the file is
> requested with -- as evidenced by early days of t.e.o where we had an
> evolt.borg file extension.  what really matters is the mime-type.

I know it doesn't matter what extension the file is, I'm saying we
should be consistant with associating mime types and file extensions..
XML should be text/xml and HTML should be text/html whether they're
dynamic or not ..

> http://evolt.org/xml/articles.xml
> http://evolt.org/rdf/articles.xml

throwing some kind of error..
System does not support the specified encoding. Line 1, Position 44

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><rdf:RDF

Not sure if thats an IE thing though.

.djc.