[thesite] jeff, rudy..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jun 13 12:52:57 CDT 2001

homeys -

remember that one time in oshkosh last fall when we got really drunk and
coded the new evolt site? ;)

umm. i'm going through all the stylesheet stuff cus i wanna make use of
all the stylesheets that people have been working on so nicely, and i'm
totally fucking lost :)

been playing around with stuff on t.e.o and heres my questions:

login on t.e.o and go here:
http://test.evolt.org/user/index.html?action=edit

i've just put a lil something in there to show the information in oracle
regarding the schemes, elements and schemeelement tables. it pulls up
the only scheme we currently have, default1 by r937 and shows the values
for that particular scheme

now go to http://test.evolt.org/style/index.html and you can see what
the current session values are for most of our stylesheet values(or
schemeelements as they're referer to in oracle) this somehow ties into a
shitload of session vars(i uncommented them in app.cfm jeffy)

now, my question is this.. what if anything do these have to do with
eachother? frankley, the /style/index.html page would be a bitch for
anyone to use. i want to have a dropdown list(like is on the user page)
of all available schemes/styles in the DB.

the next question is, how do we get whats outputed in
http://test.evolt.org/user/index.html?action=edit to actually change the
style for the page?

if you'll notice, our stylesheets are like so:

body
	{background : #4F5C38 ;
		font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ;
		font-size : 11px ;
		line-height : 130% ;

b, strong	{font-weight : bold ; }

cite
	{font-style : normal ; }
and so on..

now, how do we get the values from the DB to match up as a stylesheet?
many of the attributes are named differently like

body.background in the stylesheet but its body.bgcolor in oracle.

Lots of questions, sorry about that :)

I'd just like to get working on this now that thewife is nearning
completion.. its a really cool feature and a shame we've let it sit for
9 months :(

thanks for any feedback or direction :)

.djc.