[thesite] voting for articles

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 4 11:55:16 CDT 2001

Which is exactly the problem.  I don't think that MG uses any database
other than its own flat-file or DBM-type database.  Tying MG to Oracle
couples the applications together too closely for independent use.
You end up with a highly-coupled and loosely cohesive system, which in
terms of software engineering (actually that was the software
engineering term), is a bad thing.

Dean