[thesite] BUG - deo file permissions

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 08:14:00 CST 2002

> I've changed the ownership of the files in the 'includes' directory to
> evolt.evolt.  Let me know if there's still a problem.

Okay, now I've really confused. I've checked the SQL statement that
should be processed when a link is submitted and it's fine (it works if I
copy and paste it into phpMyAdmin). The insert function returns true and
correctly returns the mysql_result_id identifying the link. It's just that
nothing appears in the database.

Does anyone know of any configuration change that was made 1-2 weeks ago
that could have caused this. Perhaps something to do with permissions or
something?. The one thing that came to my mind is that the database with
the links in is still stored on my old members account (astro38) - perhaps
there's a problem writing to that from leo??

-puzzled-

Simon