[thesite] The Headlines ... new list

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Feb 5 13:04:01 CST 2002

On Feb 5, Michele Foster had something to say about [thesite] The Headlines...

>(5)  Registration page on weo .. we need to add this list as an option (I
>think) .. in addition to thelist.  However, is this even possible at this
>time?  Can MG commands be sent for two different lists from weo to leo?  (I
>have no clue)

i think it's possible only through a hack: cf creating a POST to the
submission page with the new submission command (emulating someone
submitting the form on the leo submission page)

>(7)  Are we going to have archives for this new list ?  I don't really see
>the need for them .. but at the same time, I don't have any compelling
>reason not to have them.

no archives. if there's a reason to create them later, we can run the
archive util off of teh .mbox file, i think. no use wasting space with the
html version until we decide we need it.

>(8)  Somewhere on weo .. we need to add a "want to know when this site is
>modified" option.  Exactly where this will appear, I'm not sure.  But it
>should be another option .. which means this new list actually has three
>ways to subscribe to it .. (weo registration page, leo itself and this last
>one).

i dont' agree with this. i think it implies that if you dont' get a
headlines mailer, the site hasn't changed. a drawing feature on our site
is the discussions in comments. what it should really say is "want to know
when new articles are posted". and why should this be duplicated on a
place other than the account page? i think the checkbox onthe account page
will be enough.

>That's all I can think of at the moment.  One final question .. is the new
>list called theheadlines ???  or was another name more appropriate.

theheadlines. :)

ttyl,

--
mattwarden