[thesite] (Fwd) [---st] Re: Language [#8306]

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 10:21:00 CST 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> not sure i'm following you aard.. ?

that's ok, i rarely follow me, either...

> HTML isn't allowed in messages, it's stripped out before it gets sent
> to thelist. the content of the message remains intact, but the
> formatting is wiped out.

in most cases, it seems to, but the one we got today simply got
'converted' to plain text, it still showed the HTML version, as well as
the full MIME content of the .wav file they attached...  so, the
example i sent didn't get stripped when it was initially posted...

> can you fwd me some of the replies with goofy formatting?

no, because it's not formatting i mean, but full inclusion of the
undesired content in some cases...

although, on a different note, the below troubles me, and i don't know if it's just my email client:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, aardvark wrote:
>
> > [ Converted text/enriched to text/plain ]

my message was caught in the filters... i only send in plain text,
and i replied to a plain-textifed post in plain text, but somehow the
filters saw a need to strip mine of non-plaintext stuff...

what up with that?