[thesite] old links

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 19 17:39:09 CST 2002

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
>
> >kind of the reality check for anyone spouting about how their way is
> >standards compliant, eh?
>
> sure
>
> except the way we're doing it *is* standards compliant

to 1.0... or 1.1... or one of them...

> i wish the browsers were too

+1. but we're all in that boat...

> anywho, should we change it? what are the implications for search
> engine indexing? any?
>
> those indexes are probably updated by now anyways

SEs regularly traverse pages i've built with 302s...

it's worth noting that ASP's response.redirect uses the 302, which
given the number of splash skippers and moved pages i've built,
still hasn't slowed down the indexing spiders...

anyway, since they'd only come in on those URLs from pages with
the old links, i'd love to see the source of the URLs updated, but
that ain't happening...