[thesite] meo / webmail bugs

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Tue May 28 17:34:00 CDT 2002

Dean Mah said:
> Stupid question, how do you get to meo webmail?

Do you mean http://members.evolt.org/email/ ?

 It's probably one of
> the messages that's messing up the interface.  Do you remember the
> last message that you were able to read?

The last message I was able to read was one of those in the 'can't we all
just get along' thread. The problem also cropped up for the first time
after reading the next one in that thread.

> As for the PHP and MySQL problem, I'd assume that there is something
> wrong with your file if you use the same code in other places
> successfully.  Does PHP return a database error message saying why it
> could not connect?  Try paring down your file into just the database
> routines and debug that portion.

Alas, I don't get errors in php. Even when I set error_reporting(E_ALL); at
th top of a file, and put in something wrong deliberately, I don't get any
errors. Weeird. Anyway, by use of 'or die()' I've managed to get it down to
the mysql_select_db that isn't working - I tried rewriting the whole db
section, but it still didn't work at all.

Thanks

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org