[thesite] request for google blocking meta tag in archive post

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 7 18:09:27 CST 2003

> From: "Richard Bennett" <richard.bennett at skynet.be>
[...]
> That's a list of some sites requesting a site check on thelist.
> So taking the (company) name from the URL, we see how these sites rank
> compared to evolt's archive of their site check:

hmmm... following your list...

http://www.google.com/search?q=algonquinstudios
http://www.google.com/search?q=algonquin%20studios
http://www.google.com/search?q=algonquinstudios.com

i requested a site critique on thelist... nowhere does the result of
that critique appear in my google results...

somehow my rankings aren't impacted... if i were a jerk, i'd even
argue that the evolt.org critiques should easily be overcome in page
ranks by any well-built site that is SE-friendly...

> Those are the first I tried, and everywhere the evolt site-check shows
> up on the first page. Often these site-checks contain some pretty
> damming critiques, about issues that have probably been resolved on
> the sites, but the critiques will follow the site for ever.
[...]

granted... all the better for users to see the site is different, and
perhaps know the author cared enough to ask...?

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers