[thelist] From PHP to...?

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Feb 22 20:04:00 CST 2001

At 6:16 AM 2/21/1, Hendrik Mans wrote:
> Are there any "must have" books/HOWTOs/websites I should
> buy/read/know about?

I wasn't sure whether you were moving from PHP to the comparable JSP, or
whether you also wanted to get into the backend work of creating servlets
and beans and such in Java... there could be a couple of different levels
of work here!

Still, I've been working through this book lately, and it's been suiting my
needs, hope it may be useful for a migration to JSP for you too:
"JavaServer Pages" by Hans Bergsten [O'Reilly, Jan 2001]

As Andrew noted, experience with one server-side scripting language can
often be applied to other environments.

jd