[thelist] no more font tags?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 2 09:18:06 CDT 2001

> From: "Peter-Paul Koch" <gassinaumasis at hotmail.com>
[...]
> So, yes, by all means get rid of the FONT tags. Remember that even if
> a visitor uses NN3 or some other ancient browser, he still sees the
> text and can read it, he just doesn't see the correct font. Too Bad.

psst... hey, i got something for you...

when i had some of my folks making that transition, the very first
thing they did was mix CSS and HTML to detrimental effect...
imagine seeing this code:

<head>
.whiteText	{	color : #ffffff ; }
</head>

now, anybody know how this will render in NN3?  yep, black text
on a black box... IOW, it will be illegible...

so, make sure you still test your pages to make sure you don't
accidentally do one of those... very embarassing when it happens...