[thelist] help

nate koechley nate at vicksburgcollective.com
Wed Aug 1 13:46:12 CDT 2001

hello,

a little late maybe, but fwiw:

i've used wget to "grab" dynamic sites. (here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html)

so, build it dynamic, then wget it to have a static copy, then throw the
static copy on a cd.

of course, now there is no db on the cd, so you can't continue to update
the site or anything, but if you're just sharing photos with the
bandwidth-impaired, it should be perfect.

(there are other programs for this. i like wget. ymmv)

thanks,
nate