[thelist] Identify a Web Crawler's request

sbeam sbeam at syxyz.net
Wed Jul 7 08:21:21 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 04:51 pm, David Travis wrote:
> I am VERY
> disappointed from Mozilla's Hebrew (what can I do?)

what you can do is, ask for help with the issue from knowledgeable
people, and if you have indeed found a bug or missing feature, file a
report [http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/] It will be addressed, believe it
or not, and probably in much shorter time, and for less cost, than you
will find with certain monopolistic entities you seem to be more
comfortable with.

I know that thousands of people can use Mozilla with i18n and bi-di
charsets, myself included. http://mozilla.org.il/, looks ok to me. But
sadly I only understand the latin fragments (and sometimes not even
that) - but ask around, it does work...

Or, you could just sit on your hands until events like the recent CERT
advisory and MS's lack of attention to browser development take their
toll on your precious 90% number. You will eventually get enough
annoyed emails from FF/Moz/Saf/Op users that you will decide to upgrade
your _site_ - but how many customers (permanently) lost in the
meantime...? you weigh the cost - but don't say there is nothing you
can do about it.

--

# S Beam - Web App Dev Servs
# http://www.onsetcorps.net/