[Javascript] Regular Expressions

shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com shawn_milochik at godivachoc.com
Fri Apr 30 09:59:24 CDT 2004

One particular passion of mine is regular expressions.  They are extremely
powerful, and can often do the job of
dozens of lines of code in just a handful.  If anyone is interested in any
help with regexes, just let me know.

Perhaps there are already regex experts on the list, but in my experience,
I have run across very few people
who have even heard of them, except for Perl programmers.

For a quick idea about what a regex is and what it can do, I've put up a
quick primer for my LUG.  I'll post the
link below.  It is supposed to be very basic, and the syntax shown is not
exactly the way it is used in
Javascript, but I'll be happy to provide more advanced and
Javascript-specific examples if anyone is interested.

http://linurati.net/rlug/content/regex.html
(Forgive the page for not being pretty -- it tries to be easy to
understand, not necessarily to look at)  ;o)

Shawn

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for use by
the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not
disclose its contents to others and delete it from your
system.