[Javascript] table collapse bug in IE6?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Mar 27 11:52:25 CST 2004

Paul Novitski wrote:

> I have, by the way, rewritten the script to destroy & rebuild the
> display table on each re-select, and of course the phantom borders are
> no longer a problem.  But I'm still curious to know whether they were
> caused by bad coding by me or by Microsoft.  I've haven't seen this bug
> mentioned on the net.

Have you considered that this is an artifact of your own particular
environment? I ran your sample on IE5.5 on W2K -- it doesn't work at
all on Moz, and I didn't have time to fix that :-) -- and didn't see
any of the phantom border problems you describe.

I've read of similar graphic issues involving particular video cards
and drivers, so it might be worth testing on a few different systems
if you haven't already.

> Has anyone coded or run across a successful use of this technique,
> modifying a table on the fly by hiding & showing selected rows?  If
> there's a working example I could look at, I'd be grateful.

Yes, I've done this in the past, but never tested it on IE, so it
probably wouldn't help. :-)

Has anyone besides you confirmed this display issue?

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.