[Sysadmin] Migrating to ServerMatrix

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Jun 19 10:15:59 CDT 2004

David A. Ulevitch wrote:
> [snip]
>
> The best thing to do is compile your own apache and make an actual
> .deb.  If you don't want to do that, do the equivs so that you aren't
> running commands in dpkg (or apt) to get it to ignore dependency
> issues....that's a bad road to start walking down.

I've never had a problem with meeting dependencies in over a year of running
a self-compiled apache+php+mod_ssl.

> Also, regarding backports, I meant that I dislike backports packaged by
> others...

Whereas I've found the packages from backports.org are well done and work
well.  Like I said, I didn't say "let's use them for everything", just key
packages here and there that are particularly antiquated in woody.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him