[thechat] operating system advice

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 15 00:23:00 CDT 2002

> I can't use Windows 2000 because I need support for multiple monitors on
> one graphics card, which 2000 does not provide.

I use Win2k and dual monitors using a single card on a custom-built desktop
machine.

That said, I returned 2 Inspirons (probably 8000 line) last year because
though they promised it would run the external monitor as a second display,
it couldn't do so with Win2k, and I refused to use WinME.

Can't help you with XP (my brother runs it on his laptop, but I don't know
the options/pricing structure).

You might want to look around and see if there have been updates to Win2k or
drivers that let you run the monitors as you'd like.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au