[thechat] Old Music --> wuz --> RE: OMD

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jun 3 12:34:44 CDT 2008

Joel D Canfield raised a number of very good points!

Hi Joel,

I agree.  I just wanted to chime in on this one:

>>There's also the preposterous shenanigans of juggling the flaming chainsaws of intellectual property.

True dat!  But sometimes it's not a 'forever' thing.  I remember deciding to replace my vinyl (and my audiophile vinyl) copies of "Ziggy Stardust" with a CD ... and not being able to find one.  Que?  After five or six stores, I finally found a copy sitting out in the rack in a small record shop and ran it up to the counter.  The clerk gave me a funny smile and asked if I was sure I wanted that.  Then he rang it up.  At $99.99!

Dude is very lucky to have lived through that.  I was not amused.

Apparently David was in some hissy legal feud with his record company at the time and all of these CDs were supposed to have been pulled from the shelves and destroyed.

Ten years later I bought one at a 'normal' price.

RonL.