[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Nov 16 14:44:18 CST 2001

On Nov 16, Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com had something to say about RE:...

>| Oh, i didn't realize you were talking about a redirect.
>
>Neither did I. I am really not sure how the different servers run... do they
>all have separate copies of CF on, for instance?

No. Unless you wanna donate teh $$$$$$$$$$...   ;-)

>| that's because you're deleting the cookie value. they may
>| still be sent,
>| but they have no value.
>
>No, deleting the cookie value would mean setting the expiration date to
>"NOW". This would require a page view before a redirect.

Er... no. that's deleting the *cookie*, not the *cookie value*

>Redirecting causes cookies not to be sent, so one would set the internal
>application (CF) cookie collection variable (named, creatively, "cookie") to
>something blank, but this wouldn't affect the browser cookie.

Er.. it would have to, unless it's a server-side redirect (which I really
don't think it is). If it's a 301/302 (never remember which) client-side
redirect, then it's basically saying "somewhere else" and if there's a
Location header (which there will be here) then it's saying "it's
somewhere else and if you want it, make another request for the file named
in the Location header.

So, the reason there's no cookie value with the next request would be
because you've just set it to an empty string during the last request.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com