[thelist] Tip o'the day (x2)

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Feb 19 04:56:51 CST 2001

Can't agree with you there :-)
> > I'm dropping out of the debate, got *far* too much work to
> > do................
>
> um... damn... now who to chat with?

OK - I'm back in.  Hate to see my first holy war cut short.

Two things have sprung to mind reading these over the
weekend, not especially related to each other.

1	I'd like some data on what happened to the
	traffic on Adobe.com after they locked out
	pre-v4 browsers over a year ago.  Basically the
	company (which *does* need to be widely available
	online in order to promote sales and upgrades)
	decided that the only thing to do with NN3/IE3
	users was say "Oh, will you just f888 *off*?"

2	Overall, how about this:  we do one version of
	each site for the 'good' browsers (though I'm
	not anywhere near getting rid of my tables yet),
	and everyone else can have the text-only version
	which we have to do anyway.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com