[thelist] builtin CF variables

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 23 16:17:55 CST 2001

is there a definitive list of the various variables that cold fusion
supports?

i know HTTP_USER_AGENT works, and i thought PATH_INFO did too -- at least,
it used to work, but maybe that was cf 4.0

there was a page in the 4.0 docs that listed these variables, but i can't
find anything similar in the 4.5 docs

if you know of any other stuff besides the cgi variables, that would help
too -- e.g. RecordCount, which tells you how many rows a query returned, or
Form.FieldNames, which is a builtin comma-delimited list that i think i
want to start using now

also, where is onRequesEnd documented?  i only heard about this one today,
apparently it's the same as application.cfm except it gets invoked at the
end of the page

i really like the cfdocs, but sheesh, why is so much of what i need hidden?

i do have a cf studio cd somewhere, so if you happen to know that this
stuff is built into studio somewhere, please let me know -- i don't plan to
switch from my current editor, but i can fire up studio if it has this type
of useful info

suggestions and assistance greatly appreciated

rudy.ca