[thelist] Programming language/database suggestions?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 13 05:50:01 CST 2002

>Any suggestions that would help him choose?

Suggest he learn them all so he can decide what will suit his needs
best. Seriously ... he will either actually be able to learn them all
or realize he should have had a couple less cups of coffee before he
decided his next project would be to learn how to build and
administer an ecommerce server.

>  >I have been studying different web page programming languages
>(such >as PHP, ASP, JSP, Java, Java Script, etc...) to see which
>would be the >easiest to learn. Also, I know that I will need some
>kind of database >server so I have been looking at the various
>databases that are available >(such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft
>SQL, etc...). Not all the web >hosting companies offer every
>platform  that I might need or want, so by >hosting my own site I
>can choose any platform I want.

// wealth accumulation experiment:
- E. Joseph Mattheis

(612) 377 2272